Here is the 2nd of 3 "Aerobic Haptic" break out sessions done last weekend at the BCTEAL conference. Here is the Butterfly presentation and the outline of what is going on from the conference handout:
- · Syllable focus
- · Contrast between stressed and unstressed syllables
- · Basic rhythm groups
- · Phrasal group focus
- · Relaxing
- · Attention grabbing
- · Feeling in the upper body of English rhythm
- · Strong core body stimulation and impact
- · Leads toward fluency
- · Bilateral engagement
- · Curtails multitasking (switching effect on alternating hemispheres)
- · "Butterfly" is common technique in psychotherapy, used to bring the client "back to the present moment"
- · Switching forces "inner" focus, "grounding"