The webinars are highly experiential, participatory and enjoyable. You'll need a hands free set up, preferably projected on a TV screen, laptop or iPad of some kind, positioned at eye level. Wireless headsets or no headset at all are best, but headsets with a long cord are adequate, since you have to stand up and "dance" on several occasions! The 90 minute sessions end with a 15 minute Q&A.
The $25 USD fee for each webinar includes
- Temporary access to the webinar recordin
- Model videos online after the webinar.
Enrolment is limited to 50 participants in each webinar. Reserve your place now before 2/10/19 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Webinar I (February 16th, 2019, 1900-2030 PST)
- Introduction to Haptic Pronuciation Teaching
- Dictionary use for pronunciation
- North American English vowels
- Syllables and phrase grouping
- Haptic homework
- Select consonants
- (Haptic) Vowel systems of other Englishes, e.g., British, Australian, Canadian
- (Haptic) Vowel systems of L1, e.g., Korean, Chinese, Punjabi, Arabic
- Fluency and linking
- Conversation rhythm and pausing
- Advanced intonation and secondary stress
- Classroom correction, feedback integration techniques
- Consonants on demand (from participants)