| Wikipedia |
Caveat emptier: This post was drafted with help from an AI assistant (Perplexity)— but ideated and edited extensively by the human, Bill Acton
Lord,
you know the care
that went into stitching
the first flag—
every star and stripe
a quiet act of hope.
you know the care
that went into stitching
the first flag—
every star and stripe
a quiet act of hope.
In this age of icons and avatars,
teach me to sew my digital life
with the same care.
When I choose
what to display—
profile pictures,
bios,
public posts—
help me remember
that I am representing
not just myself,
but the communities
and country
I belong to.
Protect me from
cheap, disposable signals
of loyalty or identity—
from waving any banner
I haven’t looked at closely.
Guard my heart
from using symbols
to divide,
rather than to invite
responsibility and respect.
Guide my hands
in the quiet work
of protection:
configuring settings,
teaching children,
helping elders navigate
a world they never asked for.
These stitches,
though small,
hold the fabric together.
And grant that my stewardship
of this digital flag‑field
honors the best
of what those first stars meant—
a commitment
to shared dignity,
mutual care,
and a freedom
that does not forget
its obligations.
wracton@gmail.com
williamacton.legalshieldassociate.com (Legalshield and IDshield subscription information and applying for associate positions)
No comments:
Post a Comment