" . . . an individual experiencing a sense of development, of getting better at something, and succeeding at mastering something"
The list of qualities of a "thriver" are:
- spiritual or religious,
- someone who enjoys learning,
- socially competent,
- believes in self/has self-esteem.
What a demonstration!
What she seems to lack for her English to improve substantially is socio-cultural capital, the opportunity and network of resources to grow and practice more advanced and sophisticated in her L2.
- employer/family/other support
- challenges and difficulties are at manageable level,
- environment is calm
- is given a high degree of autonomy
- is trusted as competent.