- The theme of EHIEP (Essential Haptic-integrated English Pronunciation, v1.0) was "Train the body first!" --based on the work of Arthur Lessac.
- The theme of AHEPS(Acton Haptic English Pronunciation System, v2.0) was "teaching and learning pronunciation with haptic video."
- The theme of v3.0 (available in September 2014) is "From accuracy to fluency: Bee and Butterfly!" (Inspired, in part, by Mohamed Ali's classic "Float like a butterfly; sting like a bee!")
There are a number of changes and additions in v3.0, including:
- New Modules 2, 3 and 4, available in 4 versions: General North American English, Canadian, British and Australian English
- EHIEP charts of the basic vowel systems of 10 learner L1s, included for haptic transitioning to English (including, Chinese, Korean, Spanish, Arabic, Japanese, German, French, Thai, Punjabi and Vietnamese), plus 3 US dialects
- Haptic pronunciation homework system
- Classroom haptic pronunciation "correction" strategies
- A new module on teaching unstressed vowels
- A new module for teaching linking
- Integrating haptic pronunciation with vocabulary teaching
- Integrating haptic pronunciation with public speaking
- Additional consonant modules
v3.0 is set up so that it can be used either as a whole system--10 modules each taking about a week to complete--or one module at a time. A module typically includes a basic 30-minute haptic training video that can be done in or out of class, and then up to 2 hours of optional, video-based practice to be done in or out of class as well. Ideally, after the 30-minute introductory video, the instructor then just uses the new strategies from that point on in class in modelling, providing feedback on pronunciation and vocabulary.
- 4 "Bee," accuracy-focus modules (using vowels and word stress)
- 4 "Bee and Butterfly" modules that involve both accuracy and fluency (using phrasal grouping, linking and tone units)
- 2 "Butterfly" modules that transition to fluency (using expressiveness and conversational speed work)
If you are using v1.0 or v2.0 you will automatically be sent the upgrades to v3.0. If you are not using either yet, now would be a good time to get v2.0 at reduced prices--and still get free upgrade when v3.0 is available! (discounts on v2.0 are available by contacting email@example.com.)
By January, 2014, v3.0 should also be accessible by subscription.